Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"New Beginnings"


Our Kenzie is becoming a young women. She was invited to "New Beginnings" at Young Womens. I was able to go with her. The YW introduced and welcomed all the incoming girls this year. Kenzie was so excited. She is one of the last in her little group of friends go into YW, and she has been waiting anxiously. The evening was special. The YW did skits introducing Personal Progress the theme for the year, the activities they do, and the YW Virtues. Then they introduced and spotlighted the new girls. Jessica M spotlighted Kenz. That was fun to have her do it. She used to babysit for us until Kenzie was old enough. Here is what they had written for her.
"McKenzie was born on.... Her favorite colors are blue and yellow. Her favorite hobbies are soccer, collecting things, trying new sports, singing and acting. She has been in several plays. She loves science and won for her grade this year. She got to go to BYU for a science fair last year. She is happy, fun and active. The candy bar that best describes her is Nutrageous. She is outgoing and a little outrageous. She is a special Daughter of God." I couldn't help but get teary eyed. My first is moving on, she is growing up, maturing, no longer my baby. She gets to experience such fun new things. Not only here in YW, but also in school. It just blows my mind. It truly is a new beginning not only for her, but for me as well. My dear friend leaned back and said "I remember when she was just 2 and was twirling around in the isle in sacrament meeting." Her daughter said, "I remember her sharing her fruit snacks with me." What a sweetheart she is. She is such a good girl, a great big sister, a good friend. We love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment