Saturday, January 16, 2010

If...then...but...



I love that we have a built in babysitter. I love that 99% of the time she doesn't mind doing it. But, on occasion, she does moan and groan a little. Usually because where we are going, she wants to go too. One such occasion was our anniversary, and we were going to see Kurt Bestor in concert. (The blow was lightened because Grandma and Grandpa were in town). You see McKenzie enjoys that kind of music, and loves anyone with the talent to play the piano so well. She would love the opportunity to go see and hear that type of concert. So, when C and I had the chance to go to Kurt Bestor's Christmas concert for C's birthday I knew that I would hear the "oh man, I want to go!" So, I plotted, and planned, and decided.. IF she would babysit for us THEN I would take her to see Jon Schmidt play. She LOVES Jon Schmidt. She is studying his technique to learning to play the piano at her piano lessons. She has his CD's on her ipod. She is a fan! BUT,because I was plotting and planning to take her out of school to see him, she had to make sure she kept her grades up. So... C and I went and enjoyed Kurt Bestor, Kenz tended not only her brother and sister but her little cousin as well that night, and kept her grades where they needed to be, and not only got the see Jon Schmidt perform, but meet him, talk to him, have him sign her music book, and get her picture taken with him as well.

2 comments:

  1. Good negotiating on everybody's part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Brittni Cotton. I found your blog and I hope you don't mind me reading it. I had to say that McKenzie's eyes look amazing in that picture! You have such a cute family. I am glad you guys got to enjoy your concerts!

    ReplyDelete