Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School

Today Kenzie started Junior High. All three kids are back in school. The house is somewhat quiet on certain days now. What to do with myself?... Don't worry, I will find plenty to do to fill my time.

Kenzie was the last to go back. I have thoroughly enjoyed her this summer. She has been such a big help around the house, and fun to be with. She has helped babysit the kids, helped clean and keep the house straight, she has gardened, played with friends, gone to girls camp camp and St George, she took a summer reading class and survived. I think she even learned something from it. (She better, it cost us enough :)) She also got contacts, and is excited to not have to constantly deal with broken glasses. This morning, having us both up at 6:00 was kind of weird. I am usually alone in the morning. It is going to be a good thing. I am going to miss her.

 


Mr. Cutter Butter was the second to go back to school. I thought he was going to die because Cass was going and he wasn't. When school ended back in May, it was hard for him to understand that the "year" was over, and that he would start again in August. He still has no real sense of time as far as weeks and months are concerned. So we called it "off track" like his sisters would do throughout the year. But the poor kid after two weeks was missing it, and so was I, boredom was setting in. But, he has had fun though this summer. We have participated in the neighborhood playgroup at the park when schedules allowed. He has had a lot of play time with neighbors, and he is a big helper in the garden. He loves to pick carrots. When we had orientation he was really upset that I was coming in with him. "I do it myself mom!" I said that I was invited and that it was as much for me as for him. So, when his first day of class came, on the way he says "no moms right mom?" Right Cutter, believe me, mom will be doing the happy dance all the way home!

 


Cassidy was the first to go back. It was so weird sending her off, without McKenzie and having the other two at home. But, second grade is a great thing and she loves it. She rides her bike most days with her friends up the street. She thinks that is cool. Although her summer was the shortest we filled the three weeks with fun activities with the cousins. We had a picnic at the park, had a BBQ at a splash pad, went to Liberty Park to the Seven Canyons water feature (a summer tradition) and swimming. She also had the opportunity with Cutter to go to Kids Camp for a week. A young woman in our ward and her friends planned and did this week long camp for kids 3 - 9. They loved it. What a fun experience. Now she is a busy little bee with the Herriman City children's musical in which she has a part. She is a little wench in "Pirates, the musical." She is very excited to perform. She has had a great experience!


 
Posted by Picasa
By the way, the corn stock next to Cass she grew from a sprout in 1st grade. We actually have 3 ears of corn on it.

I sure love my kids !!!!

1 comment:

  1. are these great kids? of course! but they grow up way to fast. I have often wished summer would last forever.

    ReplyDelete