Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oquirrh Temple Celebration ( by Kenzie)





I had the opportunity to be part of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple celebration. It took us at least a month to practice. Every Wednesday instead of having young womens just with our ward, the whole stake got together to practice for the Temple Celebration. The dancers were in one room and singers (I was in the choir) in another. We practiced from 8:00 to 9:00pm singing and dancing over and over again until we had all the music and dances mesmerized. Then all the stakes that were participating with the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Celebration got together for a dress rehearsal. We had to eat before we went up the because their can't be food in the Conference Center. Right after dinner I was ready to go to the dress rehearsal, we met as a ward and carpooled uptown. We were there for 5 hours, I really wanted to say later because it was so cool and I could feel the Savior standing right by me. On Saturday mom helped get my hair ready I got dressed then we took some pictures of me. We carpooled again to the CC (my dad calls it the Meganacle) I got to ride up with my friends. We got there and after waiting for 20minutes President Monson came in and we started to sing "We Thank Thee O God for A Prophet." that was awesome. Then we listened President Monson talk to us and then it was time to start the program. I had the most spiritual moment, I just was so happy I could hear the Saviors voice and I knew that the Temple is the house of god..

No comments:

Post a Comment