Thursday, May 21, 2009

"1st Grade Through the Year A Musical Journey"



Cassidy had her 1st grade program on Wednesday. She was so excited for Cutter and I to come and be able to sing to us. She did a great job and looked so cute in her class t shirt.

She came home about two weeks ago and told me she had a part for the program she needed to memorize. Great! I thought not a problem. Every month as part of her homework she has had to memorize a poem, and does it well, without my help. It comes naturally to her. But, for some reason she got all worked up over this part. She thought for sure she was not going to be able to do it. I told her she would do great, and get it down really easy. This was only 5 lines. Her poems are more like twenty. But, she worried, and stewed over it..... Then, Monday after school she comes home with a big smile on her face, and said "I know it mom, look I am going to throw it (her cheat sheet)in the garbage." She promptly did that and then told me her part without any hesitation. Wednesday she was perfect, spoke slow enough and loud enough you could understand her. The dances and songs were so cute!!! What a gal!

Just a note, Cutter is sitting on my lap while I am taping this. Sorry the camera is so up and down.


"The Water Cycle Song"


"Parts of of a Plant"


"The Popcorn Tree"


"Skinnymirkydinkydink"


"We Had a Good Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment