Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Courage, prayers and faith

Grandma and Grandpa J were asked to speak in their Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, and they asked Cassidy and McKell to sing. We practiced, the girls were excited, they got all the words down. We were ready.... Then Saturday night before going to bed, the nerves hit Cass. She came downstairs in tears. We talked about it, I told her it was okay to be scared, but hoped that she would still do it. I suggested that she pray about it and ask Heavenly Father to help her not be nervous, and be able to sleep. She did, and slept all night, woke in the morning ready to do it. We did her hair, got her all dressed up, and headed to Grandma's. All was great, until we walked in the chapel to practice, and she stood there in tears, rubbing her eyes. We tried to comfort her, and Grandma told her that she didn't have to do it. But her older cousins spoke to her, and talked about saying a prayer, I hugged her and we talked and I too suggested praying. I know that she did pray as well as me all through the opening of the meeting. Grandma asked Kenz if she would be willing to sing with them as a support to Cass and she agreed. The time came, the three girls went up, and she did it!!!! No tears, no rubbing her eyes, she even smiled here and there, and they did a beautiful job. I think I was the most grateful that it had been a good learning experience for Cass. She had courage, trusted in her prayers, and had the faith. It was a good experience for me too :) Great job littlest sis! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment